Red 6's Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most lethal combat pilots on the planet.
Augmented Reality / Hardware / Integration Technology Department
The Software Technology team at Red 6 engineers systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
As a C++ Engineer at Red 6, you will build the infrastructure and platform to support airborne-based augmented reality solutions. You will work across organizations, threading together newly developed technologies to produce and share the data needed for the UE4 team to drive intuitive experiences that enhance pilots’ experience of the world around them.
- Work in Unreal with C++ and Blueprints to assist the UE4 artists in developing content and applications for mixed reality.
- Use advanced knowledge of game based AI with an understanding of flight physics for simulation applications.
- Own and drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, bandwidth, power) working on all stages of the software development cycle.
- Identify, propose, and implement improvements in core software infrastructure and architecture across the entire code base, collaborating with engineering teams to develop new tools and infrastructure to support ongoing development efforts.
- 2-3+ years of professional experience with modern C++, developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Experience in graphics and mixed reality development.
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, and Confluence or similar bug/task tracking and version control software.
- A strong preference for experience in implementing machine learning algorithms to include development of training data sets.
- 1+ years with real time physics simulation.
- Experience of low level optimizations and fixing stability issues.
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction and modularity, critical path optimization and tuning.
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc.), SIMD.
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines, low power embedded systems, integration of specialized hardware acceleration blocks.
- Experience with kernel optimizations.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Advanced algorithmic experience in either 3D geometry deformation, animation, ML, simulation, or rendering.
- Strong math skills for real-time 3D applications (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math)
- Demonstrable & notable public work in the areas of visual effects, video games or CG research
- Proven experience developing systems for high fidelity content
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, with confidence and initiative for innovation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards
- Computer vision.
- Deep learning.
- Kubernetes/Docker knowledge is a plus
- 2+ years of professional game development experience.
- Knowledge of rigid, multi-body simulation and Newtonian mechanics.
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation.
- Development experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.).
- Experience building software in Linux/Unix.
- Background with military or law enforcement and the ability to understand the nuances of customer use cases in those industries.
- Experience building developer tools using Python.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.