Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
As a Red 6 Government Contracting Officer, you will be charged with enabling Red 6 to meet our contractual obligations through the DoD acquisition lifecycle. As part of Red 6's in-house legal, program execution and business development teams, you will work closely with partners from across the engineering, finance, and business development teams. This position serves as Red 6’s subject matter expert for all government contract-related activities - including the Federal Acquisition Regulations, specifically DoD 5000 series.
As an expert in contracting for DoD acquisitions, your first responsibility will be to help us take DoD technology projects from capture to program of record, and to maintain and manage our contractual responsibilities from pre- Request for Proposal, to contract award/execution and contract change management.
You will provide expert consulting guidance for all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle, including pre-award acquisition planning, source selection support, and post-award contract administration for complex Air Force and DoD software and hardware intensive systems.
- You will oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor compliance and performance on existing contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations with project managers, ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- You will serve as a counterpart to Government Contracting Officer and other procurement professionals for all contract and related matters. High-trust professional relationships with Government contracting and procurement offices are critical to Red 6’s continued success, and you will be called upon to develop and foster these relationships throughout your tenure.
- Analyze material estimates, other direct costs, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness for inclusion into proposals.
- Analyze new contracts for consistency with proposals; determine the effects of any inconsistencies; negotiate, coordinate, and approve contract changes.
- Evaluate contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extension of contracts.
- Facilitate and support proposal preparation, RFI responses, and contract negotiations.
- Stay up to date on relevant legal frameworks, including FAR and DFARS.
- Manage relationships with procurement office representatives at government agencies.
- Maintain all contract-related documentation.
- Maintain all Federal Contract Databases such as the System for Award Management.
- Coordinate with Red 6's Compliance and Legal Departments to ensure Government awarded contracts comply with all federal regulations.
- Schedule ad-hoc calls as needed for issue resolution.
- Monitor contract performance and subcontractor performance.
- Coordinate all required approvals and notifications pursuant to Contract Administration Procedures and Company Standard Practices.
- You have 5+ years of DoD and/or defense industry contracting experience with a track record of taking technology projects from a pilot to a program of record.
- Previous contracting experience with the DoD is mandatory.
- You have expertise with both traditional and non-traditional acquisition methods, from OT agreements and SBIR contracts to middle tier acquisition and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to resolve and complete complex contract administration assignments/problems with minimal supervision.
- An active security clearance, or the ability to obtain one, at Secret level or higher.
- Ability to develop detailed proposal packages and independently interact with upper management and multiple program offices regarding required approvals.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to operate under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability outside of standard working hours as needed per the needs of the team.
- Working knowledge of FSS/DAPA/ECAT and Prime Vendor Contracts.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
Preferred / Additional Skills
- 12 years' experience in government procurement including preparing cost proposals, negotiating terms and conditions of contracts, preparing contract modifications, administering contracts or subcontracts, and analyzing cost and prices.
- Familiarity with software licensing, hardware licensing, commercial item acquisition, and/or Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition are all a plus.
- Experience as a contracting officer or contract specialist for a government agency.
- Nationally recognized federal contract manager certificate preferred.
- Nationally recognized PMP certification.
- Advanced degree in contract management, business administration, accounting, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Non-FAR based instruments such as Other Transaction Agreements, Grants, and/or Cooperative Agreements a plus but not required.
Red 6 Augmented Reality Mission
Driven by a personal passion to solve an acutely defined pain point for US and allied forces across the globe, Red 6 is revolutionizing augmented reality (AR) for military training applications. Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) represents the future of how allied forces will train. Currently, however, it is only a 50% solution. Why? Because it only works in the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) environment. Until now, there has been no means by which Virtual and Constructive assets can be visually represented in the real world.
Airborne Tactical Augmented Reality System (ATARS) represents this critical missing piece of the jigsaw. Red 6 brings the Virtual and Constructive assets into the real-world by allowing pilots and ground operators to see synthetic threats in real-time, outdoors and, critically, in high-speed environments. By blending augmented reality and artificial intelligence and using both the indoor AND outdoor space around us as a medium, Red 6 has redefined the limits of how the world will experience, share, and interact with its information. This solution to a significant and compelling military use case provides the right pathway to a much broader, ubiquitous AR future and with it, the inevitable consumer market.
Red 6 Covid Vaccination Requirement
Per Executive Order 14042 for companies doing business with the Federal Government, All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.