What We’re About:
We’re a 70-person independent (25 years strong), award-winning brand engagement marketing agency with offices in D.C. and Dubai, that creates memorable experiences for some great brands such as Amazon, AT&T, DISH Network, GEICO, TD Bank and Yuengling. Our explosive growth is why we need you.
What This Job is About:
This is about finding someone that loves to write (and is great at writing) and has a genuine curiosity/ability to apply their creative smarts to everything we do across MarComms and social.
If this person could be blended in a vending machine, you’d be the perfect mix of the following:
- A confident, considered writer who skilled at creating with pithy and intriguing language that represents our brand voice across our social channels
- A creative thinker at heart; we’re not looking for prescriptive or corporate but someone who is as adept at articulating award submissions as they are at writing case studies around financial services, beer/wine/spirits, gaming and beyond. The topic doesn’t scare you but the challenge of finding the right tone gets your creative juices going
- Proactive and solutions oriented. You’ve got great ideas you’ve been hoping to set in motion but haven’t had the freedom or the encouragement to do so before. You’re a natural born leader and we’d give you both because we’re striving to be better internally and externally, and be more engaging across all our platforms
- A person who thrives on a fast-paced environment, is efficient, able to prioritize their work load and can work comfortably with everyone regardless of their title or seniority
- A forward thinker: where are the conferences we should be speaking at? What should our content calendar and social media strategy look like? What aren’t we doing that we should across marcoms and social and equally, what should we stop doing…?
Other nuances we’re looking for (soda machines can only do so much):
- You’re proactive and love being a part of the process, not just waiting to be told what your deadline is
- You’ll help lead the MarComms department, as well as happily work with the client services and creative teams to keep deadlines moving
- You really like dogs since we have a bucket load of them at our office!
What you’ll bring to the party
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in an integrated or BTL agency. Client side could work as well so please don’t feel like you shouldn’t apply if you haven’t had agency experience. At RedPeg, like many agencies, short turn arounds, a collaborative spirit and a “we’re in it to win it” approach prevails. As long as this describes you, you should apply.
- Very tangible evidence that your written skills are top notch. Finding an awesome writer is our focus but we’re sure you’ve got the other good stuff too!
- Healthy ambition, drive and a commitment to create magic.
To apply for this position please respond to this posting with your cover letter, resume/portfolio and salary requirements. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
It is the policy of RedPeg to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, RedPeg will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.