The engineering core team’s mission is to create the best data streaming platform. The team consists of known experts in foundational technologies such as Raft/consensus, transactions and distributed storage, who have come together to build a differentiated highly performant product with compelling traction in the market. We work closely across multiple functions at Redpanda and our work directly drives key business metrics through various SaaS and self-managed offerings. Redpanda is growing and so are we.
We are looking for a WASM and performance expert who will help with the team’s mandate to incorporate WASM into Redpanda while ensuring our core tenet of low latency and maximizing performance hold true.
- Passionate about world-class systems software development and the value it provides
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to deliver objective results
- Eager to thrive with the thrill and ethos of a fast growing startup
- Accountable, bring a sense of ownership and are self-driven
- Keen to shape technical architecture and product vision in this nascent category
- Prior experience in working on deeply technical projects in the realm of performance optimization, scalability, concurrency and parallelism, replication protocols, and correctness
- Worked cross-functionally in a technical leadership role to deliver simple yet powerful abstractions that hide complexity
- Strong understanding and experience of C++, Rust or other systems languages (ideally modern C++17 or C++20), including profiling and benchmarking
- Experience with compilers, virtual machines (e.g. JVM, V8, Wasmer), or embedding language runtimes in high-performance environments
- Desire to further develop your skills in building scalable and performant systems
- Pride in writing robust, well-abstracted code and care as much about deleting dead code as writing new code
- Substantial relevant experience of at least 5 years in a professional or academic role
- Experience or desire to work with a 100% distributed engineering team, collaborating on GitHub, in the open
- Excellent written communication skills
- Work among team members who care about craft and take pride in what we deliver
- Contribute to the overall success of Redpanda ensuring our core tenets of Operational simplicity, No Data Loss and Blazingly Fast remain true as we push the envelope on scalability while expanding our target addressable market through features and integrations
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, SREs, support and customer success to deliver solutions to challenging distributed systems problems in storage, consensus, stream processing, WASM, etc.
- Help shape Redpanda’s future while learning and growing professionally
U.S. base salary range for this role is $163,000 - $192,000 (CO, TX) and $205,000 - $241,000 (CA, NY). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. As a remote-first company, we strive to consider each candidate's job-related skills, location, experience, relevant education or training to determine individual base salary. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process
Redpanda is used by Fortune 1000 enterprises pushing hundreds of terabytes a day, as well as by the solo dev prototyping a React application on her laptop. Think of it as a streaming data API platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
Join Redpanda if you’d enjoy being part of a fast-moving, 100% remote organization with team members around the globe and a culture based on trust, transparency, communication, and kindness.