The cloud engineering team’s mission is to bring the best data streaming platform, Redpanda, to the cloud. The team is an experienced group of engineers, brought together to create and maintain the growing fleet of customer Redpanda clusters. We work closely across multiple functions at Redpanda and our work directly drives key business metrics. Redpanda is growing and so are we.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team of cloud engineers working on Redpanda Cloud.
- Passionate about building world-class cloud native systems
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to deliver objective results
- Eager to thrive with the thrill and ethos of a fast growing startup
- Accountable, bring a sense of ownership and are self-driven
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with and guide a distributed engineering team
- Together with the rest of engineering leadership and product management, craft and execute the company’s technology vision and strategy
- Make sure the team is empowered and can demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Motivate and enable the team to contribute towards organizational success
- Give frequent and actionable feedback to support your team’s personal development
- Create an environment where the team is aligned with company goals, and decision-making is done collaboratively
- Continuously strive to improve how the team works and measure outcomes
- Lead the recruiting and hiring process of the team
- Participate in regular performance reviews
- Mentor team members and collaborate with them on personal and career growth
- Bring up difficult and/or systemic challenges and impediments to the attention of your manager
- Actively discuss strategic topics with peers and Directors to help shape engineering’s environment
- Track progress, assess risks, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team
- Provide career development guidance and structure to members of the team
- Drive evaluation and management of team members’ performance
- Manage execution of projects that the team takes on
What We Look For
- Experience leading or managing cloud engineering teams
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit - as we expect each team in Redpanda to organize themselves like a startup
- 7+ years of experience in software development and delivery
- 3+ years of experience in managing software developers
- Previous experience growing a team to 15 people
- Reasonably current understanding of Go, and Kubernetes, being able to review pull requests and make small contributions to non-critical areas
- Comfortable working with a 100% distributed engineering team, collaborating on GitHub, in the open and a self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kindly highlight if applicable to you
- Knowledge of cloud saas product development and the inherent challenges
- Operational experience running a saas product
- Remote team management
U.S. base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $175,000 (CO, TX) and $180,000 - $210,000 (CA, NY). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. As a remote-first company, we strive to consider each candidate's job-related skills, location, experience, relevant education or training to determine individual base salary. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Redpanda is used by Fortune 1000 enterprises pushing hundreds of terabytes a day, as well as by the solo dev prototyping a React application on her laptop. Think of it as a streaming data API platform that scales with you from the smallest projects to petabytes of data distributed across the globe.
Join Redpanda if you’d enjoy being part of a fast-moving, 100% remote organization with team members around the globe and a culture based on trust, transparency, communication, and kindness.