Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, and stealth ventures in elder care, behavioral health, physical therapy, brand acceleration, and complementary medicine. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
Operators-in-Residence (OIR) are hands-on operators that work with our Series A+ companies to spur new initiatives, address problems, issues, and bottlenecks, and accelerate growth and profitability. In collaboration with Redesign’s Venture Chairs, OIRs are responsible for helping our portfolio companies execute on mission-critical, urgent initiatives where they lack the internal capability or capacity to solve. OIRs work exclusively on projects that are defined together by both company management teams and Redesign leadership as top priorities (e.g., setting up new business lines or sales channels, supporting a management transition or a new hire into a C-level position, conducting diligence on a potential acquisition or JV opportunity).
OIRs work intensively with our operating companies and are typically deployed at 1-2 companies at a time (typical engagement length is 3-4 months). OIRs benefit from the ability to learn more about Redesign and our ventures, and get a ‘first look’ at new roles across the portfolio.
What you'll do:
Illustrative engagements of OIR work include:
- Playing the role of interim Chief Operating Officer.
- Setting up and managing a Growth Marketing function (bridge to hiring a CMO or VP Growth).
- On-the-ground operational support for the launch of a 4-wall business.
- Surveying the market to evaluate potential B2B channels, prioritizing potential opportunities, and building out a detailed execution plan.
- Implementing an integrated data pipeline and establishing the foundation for a Business Intelligence function.
In addition to the above work, there may be ad-hoc opportunities to conduct projects for Redesign itself, as needed.
- (Loci of focus) Portfolio Company Support
- Once engaged, partner with OpCo management teams to identify new business opportunities; develop execution plans; support execution and roll-out.
- Identify key operational issues/bottlenecks; implement ‘quick wins’ and lay the foundation for long-term solutions.
- Partner with Redesign Venture Chairs to identify talent gaps; work with Venture Chairs and Redesign’s Head of Talent to define talent acquisition strategy.
- Embed OpCo teams into project execution to upskill and transfer new ways of working, best practices, and learned insights.
- Provide regular engagement updates to Venture Chairs and Redesign leadership.
- Participate in Redesign’s monthly Portfolio Review, as requested.
- Portfolio Operations Infrastructure
- Work with the Head of Portfolio Operations to develop an engagement playbook for OIRs (key stages: diagnose & assess; set up & plan; execute & learn; transfer & document).
- Conduct post-mortem analyses for each engagement, identifying concrete opportunities for improvement.
- Establish a framework to measure value creation for each engagement (ROI / Impact Analysis).
- Developing Platform Assets & Intellectual Property
- Foster internal knowledge transfer between OIRs & Redesign Platform teams to share best practices and lessons learned to continuously improve upon New Venture launch and execution.
- Contribute to Redesign’s thought partnership by developing case studies and playbooks for common jobs-to-be-done; create knowledge-base assets to be shared across the Redesign ecosystem.
What you'll need:
- 15+ years of experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a project leader or engagement manager at a management consulting firm, investment bank, or corporate development / strategic ops function.
- 5+ years of experience at early or growth-stage companies that have experienced hyper-growth.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare.
- 15+ years of experience:
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results: You have a strong bottom-line orientation. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You have a track record of exceeding goals successfully. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Instills Trust: You follow through on commitments. You are seen as direct and truthful. You keep confidence. You practice what you preach. You show consistency between words and actions. You gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Organizational Savvy: You are sensitive to how people and organizations function. You anticipate land mines and plan accordingly. You deal comfortably with organizational politics. You know who has power, respect, influence. You steer through the organizational maze to get things done. You maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Situational Adaptability: You pick up on situational cues and adjust in the moment. You readily adapt personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior. You understand that different situations may call for different approaches. You can act differently depending on the circumstances. You adapt your approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your wellbeing. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness.
- Benefits for your physical wellness
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution options
- Fully paid memberships to One Medical primary care & Teladoc virtual care
- $10 a month over-the-counter medicine credit
- Quarterly In-home house cleaning
- Annual at-home massage on us, to relax and unwind
- Work from home set-up stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contributions
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid financial coach to help you meet your financial goals
- Benefits for your mental wellness
- Unlimited PTO
- 2-week company-wide winter break
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Spotify Premium reimbursed
- Headspace mindfulness service
- Annual learning stipend