Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Job
Redesign Health is looking for a Director of Strategy & Finance. In this role you will drive positive business outcomes through financial insight, capital partnership, and analytical rigor. You will be responsible for deepening and expanding Redesign’s relationships across all forms of capital and investors, and enhancing our approach to strategic finance, business intelligence, and fundraising across the Redesign portfolio.
You will work closely with Redesign operating company management teams and play an integral role in a wide range of analytical projects for both the Redesign platform and portfolio, including strategic decision-making and resource allocation, KPI development and tracking, acquisition processes, business model expansion, and investor relations.
The ideal candidate should have strong entrepreneurial drive; excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills; a thorough understanding of financial analysis; and knowledge of the venture ecosystem. The Director of Strategy & Finance will report to the Head of Strategy & Finance at our NYC headquarters.
- Capital Partnerships
- Deepen relationships with existing Redesign investors (100+) while also building new relationships amongst VCs, institutional investors, large family offices, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, and the broader financial community
- Develop the infrastructure for regular communications and outreach to our investor community
- Develop an investor CRM to centralize and build institutional knowledge about our investors in order to proactively surface specific and mutually beneficial opportunities for partnership
- Leverage investor dialogue to inform New Ventures pipeline
- Develop investor materials for Board meetings and support other investor relations projects
- Portfolio Company Fundraising
- Develop close relationships with Redesign CEOs and help them to strategically and proactively evaluate current and future capital requirements
- Quarterback the capital raises for our operating companies from the Redesign side, while developing a systematic and efficient fundraising playbook for our founding teams
- Guide and coach Redesign CEOs on narrative development and storytelling
- Support Redesign CEOs through the diligence process and term sheet negotiation
- Explore creative and alternative funding models (e.g. less non-dilutive options) for our operating companies
- Assess buy-out, bolt-on and exit opportunities
- Capital Allocation
- Serve as thought partner to Redesign leadership in identifying and assessing creative capital allocation opportunities for the Redesign platform
- Support the evaluation and diligence of new strategic investment opportunities through financial modeling, structuring, and valuation analyses
- Strategic Finance
- Assess financial decision-making processes and practices within our portfolio and develop a set of best practices to share with our new operating companies
- Establish a foundation for tracking business performance and KPIs of our operating companies to aid in managing the businesses and reporting to investors; lay the groundwork for financial controls and future financings
- Act as a thought partner for Redesign CEOs as they build out their finance and strategy teams
- Advise Redesign operating company management teams and make recommendations for leveraging the Redesign’s shared services
- Assist with strategic analysis around expanding into new markets and launching new business lines
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or statistics with a record of high academic achievement
- 7 years+ of strategic finance and professional services experience in investment banking, investing and/or corporate development; venture capital or start-up experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in business model analysis and investment thesis development
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing financial data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders to drive outcomes and decisions
- Demonstrated experience in using data to craft a compelling company narrative and raising or investing early stage capital
- Experience working with and building highly cross-functional teams
- Exposure to start-up or growth stage companies, venture capital or growth equity preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to form deep trust based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Deep understanding of P&L and profitability analyses, and a working knowledge of accounting
- Motivated individual contributor with hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides)
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
Why work with us?
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem and portfolio
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office
- Annual learning stipend
- 16 week parental leave