Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign is looking for a Director of Design. In this role, you will work with Redesign Health portfolio companies before they launch on everything from UI/UX and product design to branding and visual identity. During the earliest stages of creating a company, you will contribute to testing and finding product/market fit. To achieve this, you will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Lead, User Researchers, and Director of New Ventures) in all phases of design from discovery to execution, always keeping the patient experience in mind. After the companies launch, you will work with the co-founding teams to recruit their Design Leads and continue to collaborate with them to accelerate their design work as needed.
What you'll do:
- Lead the creation of compelling and effective user experiences and user interfaces, in tandem with the Director of User Research.
- Actively participate in prioritizing and developing the product and roadmap for companies founded by Redesign Health, putting user experience and design at the service of business-oriented goals.
- Use data to make insight-driven decisions that will continuously improve the entire customer experience.
- Get your hands dirty with early design work needed by our portfolio companies.
- Guide the recruiting process for Design Leads at the portfolio companies when needed.
- Assume ownership over a meaningful amount of design work yourself, while guiding founders to agencies and freelancers when external support is needed.
What you're like:
- A generalist design background with a focus in at least one area of design: your portfolio has a clean visual aesthetic and includes multiple case studies that showcase design research, product strategy, UX, visual design, and implementation.
- 7+ years of experience, with demonstrated success conceiving and iterating on new products and features.
- Demonstrated experience designing UI-forward digital products without sacrificing visual aesthetic.
- Familiar working with qualitative and quantitative research data in order to inform your design process.
- Oversee the whole Redesign Health brand and ensure consistency across medias / platforms.
- Expert at deciding when quick prototyping is sufficient or when deep design work is needed, and you can easily switch between the two mindsets.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, and Research – you know how to persuade without conflict.
- Proficiency designing for multiple media, devices, and platforms. Experience with architectural/physical product design a strong plus.
- Comfortable in creating order out of chaos - ie. taking the wheel to tackle ambiguous, early-stage startup challenges. Proficiency in current design software (Figma, Creative Suite, Principle, Framer, etc).
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.