Are you a beginner Software Engineer with a dream of both coding and browsing baby elephant pictures, while being paid? You're in the right place! Reddit is in search of Software Engineering Interns to join our first ever Intern Program (and we guarantee you'll get to do some of both!).
Not familiar with Reddit? We're a community of nearly 300 million active users, with a mission of helping people of all shapes, sizes and backgrounds discover places where they can be their true selves.
At Reddit, you'll get to:
Work on projects that impact the business. (You'll gain exposure to how a real engineering team works, from sprint planning to shipping code.)
Be mentored by experienced engineers from all backgrounds. (From Dev Bootcamp, Google, Hackbright Academy, Microsoft, and MIT, you'll work with engineers of many different experiences and levels.)
Come to work every day at our shiny new San Francisco office. (Complete with catered breakfast and lunch, free snacks, a rooftop terrace, and easy access to Union Square.)
Make Reddit history as a part of our first ever intern class. (Be a part of a brand new community, earn piles of sweet Reddit swag and get to know the city during sponsored outings over the course of the summer.)
We're looking for interns across all of our engineering teams. If you fit the following criteria, we'd love to hear from you!:
- A desire to work at Reddit HQ in San Francisco over Summer 2018
- A rising senior actively working towards a degree in CS, EE, or a related field
- Able to program your way out of a paper bag....or make a paper bag out of CSS3...or something probably involving React because that’s all anyone talks about anymore.
- Authorization to work in the United States
- You’re over the age of 18
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit responses to these two questions:
- If you could add any feature to Reddit, what would you add and why?
- If you were a super villain that could only cause minor inconveniences to people, what would be your superpower?
Join Reddit; help build the front page of the internet.