Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join our growing legal team! As Corporate Counsel, you'll partner with and advise multiple cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, Stock Administration, Accounting, Tax, and Treasury teams on a wide range of corporate legal projects. The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and excellent at building strong relationships.
This position will report to the Head of Corporate Legal.
Location: Remote (Preference NY or SF area)
- Work with members of the legal team and cross-functional stakeholders on various corporate matters including corporate policies, SEC and other regulatory disclosures (including registration, proxy, and periodic filings), and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide support for capital markets transactions.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing other public disclosures and corporate communications, including press releases, and blog posts.
- Stay current on securities law and corporate governance trends and best practices, including new rules and regulations or benchmarking projects.
- Shape and improve legal processes to enable both legal and business functions to scale effectively.
- 6+ years of corporate and securities law experience. Including at a tech-focused law firm, with some in-house experience preferred.
- Expertise in corporate, securities, investments, and other corporate transactions.
- Experience implementing public company reporting processes.
- Pragmatic strategist capable of operating independently who can identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the company's commercial goals and risk thresholds.
- Must be able to provide crisp, timely, and pragmatic legal advice. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
- Must love process and scale: You continuously look for opportunities to build out processes, playbooks and training in order to make the business and legal team more effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- JD degree from an accredited US law school and a member in good standing of a state Bar.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.