Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our Experiment & Rollout framework has been used by our Product and Engineering teams to run thousands of experiments in order to ensure that we fully understand our users and create the best possible experiences, as well as to rollout thousands of features in a safe, appropriate way. We have consolidated these experiments to a single framework, which has reached scale and adoption. In 2023 we are searching for a leader to own the Experiment Platform and to build out a team to transform it into a world-class framework, capable of even greater scale and effectiveness. As the Engineering Manager for Experimentation, you will leverage state of the art technology and methods to lead this effort to enhance the success and understanding of our products across our extremely diverse and rapidly growing user base.
How You’ll Have Impact
Reddit has a dramatic scale where you won’t be stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You will create organization-wide capabilities to run more advanced experiments and create publishable quality research, leverage complex testing and optimization algorithms to grow revenue, and produce more robust results faster to help teams increase their velocity and effectiveness, you’re going to have a lot of fun working at Reddit.
What You’ll Learn
Network experimentation at scale is the cutting edge of the experiment space. In this role you’ll develop industry-leading ideas on systems that operate on an extremely rare scale. You will determine the future of a product running across the entire company while impacting both Redditors and Advertisers.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
- Architect and design the Experiment Framework at Reddit
- Grow a team to support and execute on the vision of the framework and of Reddit
- Create a wide-variety of mechanisms to efficiently experiment across product features, ML algorithms, search relevance, advertising, and more
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- 3+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience developing production code in a Software Engineering role
- Understanding the power of experimentation with a focus on creating high-quality work in the space
- Experience working on internal tools at scale
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.