Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Infrastructure organization is looking to hire a backend software engineer to work collaboratively on a team dedicated to building out Reddit’s increasingly complex multi-cloud and multi-region service infrastructure. This is a high impact role where you will lead designs, implementations, and operations for one of the largest sites in the world. The Transport team’s mission is to provide interconnects to effectively run large distributed services at Reddit scale.
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit’s transport infrastructure.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products in Go and sometimes Python.
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the transport team, as well as their interactions with the rest of Infrastructure.
- Mentor junior engineers in their professional growth.
- Manage our CDN configuration as the entry point for all of our external customers.
- Own all the North/South software load balancers for all backend services.
- Lead all the areas of cross cluster/region traffic, including VPNs, regional interconnects, and load balancers in a Kubernetes environment.
- 7+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kubernetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems).
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company.
- A good working knowledge of HTTP and core network protocols is a big plus.
- Pension Savings plan
- Medical Plan
- Short term sickness benefits
- WIA excess and WGA gap insurance
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.