Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The mission of the Developer experience team is to design, develop, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
You’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create real-time experiences and spark connections, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
As a staff engineer on this team, you’ll be a technical coach and mentor. You’ll draw on your technical expertise to develop the right standards for how development should work at Reddit and improve the overall developer experience of all of Reddit. You will work with others to build a roadmap to match the needs of an ever growing engineering organization.
- Steer: Select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s developer experience goals
- Build: Strategy to build efficient and more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor ICs and be a leader for the Developer Experience team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design, CI/CD tools.
- Extensive software development experience in Golang
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- Kubernetes experience is a big plus.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.