Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As a company, Reddit primarily generates revenue through advertising, and we're working towards building a massive business to fund our mission. We distinguish ourselves from other digital ad platforms by attracting advertisers who want to connect with a specific target audience because of our passionate and engaged communities.
We're seeking a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to join our Ads Targeting Platform team. Ads Targeting provides advertisers with tools that allow them to reach Redditors across multiple dimensions and drive advertiser outcomes. As the Ads Targeting Platform team, we aim to build systems for creating and defining shared standards, low-latency infrastructure, and ML capabilities for all Ads Targeting initiatives. As a leader of this team, you will help us scale our systems to serve more advertisers, allow a faster rollout of new targeting product offerings, and enable more sophisticated targeting logic leveraging ML capabilities.
- you will build out storage, serving, forecasting, and ML Infra unifying across Targeting products, enable Targeting products with the economy of scale, and raise the bar for system reliability, resilience, and cost-effectiveness via better observability and monitoring.
- You will be responsible for the quality and technical approach within the team; partner with other leads in direction setting, planning, and overseeing eng designs and executions; establish and contribute to the group’s culture and processes.
- Unifying an ElasticSearch cluster for various targeting products like Dynamic Product Ads and Contextual Keyword Targeting, building out embedding training and serving infra to accelerate Lookalike modeling and ANN (Approximate Nearest Neighbor) Search, improving Audience Forecasting, and creating observability tooling for targeting funnel metrics.
- 7+ years of experience building high-throughput, low-latency real-time services
- Experience with ML Infra like model & feature serving, large-scale offline computation, or embedding infra is required
- Experience leading large engineering teams and collaborating with cross-functional partners is required
- Experience with Ads Targeting / Serving platform / Search is preferred
- Experience with data-intensive applications (DB, cache, batch / stream processing) is preferred
- Experience working on a machine learning modeling framework like Tensorflow or PyTorch is a strong bonus
- Significant experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages like Java, Python, Go, Scala, C++ or similar
- Data processing frameworks like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Druid, etc.
- A cloud service provider like AWS or GCP
- Tools: Kubernetes, Drone, CircleCI, Spinnaker, Argo, Airflow, Docker, Thrift
- Datastores: ElasticSearch / Amazon OpenSearch, Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, BigQuery
- An machine learning modeling framework like Tensorflow or PyTorch (Preferred)
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.