Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Identity and Authentication team develops and maintains a set of mission critical, highly performant, and highly scalable systems that manage user identity, authentication, and authorization for all of our millions of daily users and backend services.
Some of our present and future responsibilities include:
- Building systems around authentication and identity to meet the needs of Reddit’s engineering organization and millions of daily users.
- Design, build and ship backend services powering experiences for one of the most visited sites in the world.
- Work with product management, security, client engineering, and backend teams to define and implement Reddit’s IAM vision and roadmap.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, drive and execute a long term vision and strategy for Identity and Authentication to be leveraged by all of Reddit’s products.
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members to evolve in their roles at a company scale.
- Coordinate across product and engineering teams to understand and widely socialize Reddit’s core service priorities across all of our products.
- Deliver and maintain a long term roadmap for core service capabilities and supported/recommended interfaces for development.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- 3+ years experience in managing a team of software and infrastructure engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing Internet-scale software, preferably in backend roles
- Professional experience and capability with scaled, high rate platform services, user identity, authentication, authorization, and API design
- A strong track record of managing a team, including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.