Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. This role can be worked from our Amsterdam office or remotely within the Netherlands.
Ads Retrieval team’s mission is to identify the business opportunities, provide ML models and data driven solutions on candidate sourcing, recommendation, early ranking and filtering in Ads upper funnel. The team works on:
- Build and iterate on candidate sourcing and early ranking Machine Learning models and algorithms to find the most relevant, engaging and diversified ads candidates for global optimization and various product use cases.
- Design and establish a large scale candidate indexing system to enable efficient candidate retrieval at a scale of millions to billions, which powers ads recommendation and ranking with good balance between quality and computation efficiency.
As a senior machine learning engineer in the ads retrieval team, you will research, formulate and execute on our mission to build end-to-end ML solutions and deliver the right ad to the right user under the right context with data and ML driven solutions.
- Building ads retrieval and early ranking system for critical ML tasks with advanced industrial level techniques
- Research, implement, test, and launch new model architectures including information retrieval, ANN, recommendation system, deep neural networks within high dimensional information system
- Drive technical roadmaps and lead day to day project execution, and contribute meaningfully to team vision and strategy
- Work on large scale data systems, backend services and product integration
- Collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders cross product, engineering, research and marketing
- Be a mentor and cross-functional advocate for the team
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years of experience with leading applied machine learning models with Tensorflow/Pytorch with large-scale ML systems
- 5+ years of end-to-end experience of training, evaluating, testing, and deploying machine learning models
- Proficiency with programming languages (Java, Python, Golang, C++, or similar) and statistical analysis.
- Experience of orchestrating complicated data pipelines and system engineering on large-scale dataset
- Prior experience with information retrieval and recommendation system
- Ads domain knowledge on product and ML solutions is a plus
- Pension Savings plan
- Medical Plan
- Short term sickness benefits
- WIA excess and WGA gap insurance
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.