Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re looking for a product counsel with 8+ years of legal experience, preferably with 6+ years in-house. Reporting into our Legal Director of Ads Product and Privacy, you will provide legal guidance to our Ads Product and Engineering teams on a wide range of scalable Ads product initiatives and work collaboratively with partners across the company, including on our commercial legal team, ads policy, sales, and privacy. You will use your drive, experience and proactive approach to make a big impact on Reddit’s rapidly-growing business.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise on a broad range of US and global laws and compliance issues related to advertising on the Reddit ads platform, including targeting, measurement, brand safety, ML and are well versed in privacy issues related to the products you support
- Be a strategic, proactive and pragmatic legal partner and collaborator to Reddit’s Ads product, engineering, policy and business teams to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives
- Draft, manage and update business terms and policies strategically and as otherwise required by law
- Design, build and refine processes for your clients and offer continuing education and training for such processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- You provide crisp and actionable legal advice on complex problems in a high growth setting with varied risk thresholds
- You are comfortable providing advice to stakeholders at all levels of the business. You nurture internal relationships and have a getting to “yes” approach in working with the business
- You are able to get to the point both in writing and in meetings, and you can quickly summarize complex legal concepts in succinct legal memos and decision docs.
- You are mission first and feel strongly about providing a neutral and objective view on controversial issues
- You are nimble, have superior organizational skills with an attention to detail and a sense of humor.
- You love Reddit as a platform
- JD, current license in a state bar in the United States
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.