Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The mission of the Web Platform team is to design, explore and create a solid foundation for our Web and MobileWeb products. This role will enable us to execute one of the most important projects for the company now - a complete redesign of the MobileWeb and Web experience. Part of this role’s responsibilities will be to own the design and execution of the complete redesign of Reddit Website both on mobile and Desktop. In addition, this role will be instrumental in developing systems that help improve the quality, performance, and observability of the application.
What We’re Working On
- Architecture redesign of our Frontend platform.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Can Expect From You
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Be part of a team that’s building a highly scalable, high quality, and low latency Web Platform at Reddit’s scale.
- Work on rebuilding the current Web Application using the latest and greatest technologies.
- Build, and maintain feature systems spanning web and backend services.
- Tackle tough design and product problems.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Design expertise.
This role is 100%, permanently remote.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.