Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Observability team will deliver and support processes and technologies used to understand Reddit’s production platform. As part of Infrastructure, you'll design, build, and deliver highly available centralized monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure used by every engineer at Reddit.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create real-time experiences and spark connections, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Leverage and augment open source technology to deliver a centralized system for viewing and understanding the health of Reddit applications and infrastructure at Reddit scale.
- Work with high volume metrics and log data to build fault tolerant and highly scalable pipelines for observability data.
- Lead adoption of new observability tools and practices across the engineering org.
- 5+ years of experience identifying and executing high impact projects
- 3+ years of experience with Go or Python
- Familiarity with API platform service architectures
- Experience with and ability to build high availability stateless serving, and data consistency between multiple systems.
- Experience with metrics and logging systems:
- Prometheus, Thanos or Grafana a plus
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Kubernetes experience preferred
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.