Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As we continue to expand our workforce and platform globally, we are searching for a strategic community operations expert to join our passionate and impactful International Organization. The International Growth (i18n) team plays a crucial role in helping Reddit achieve its mission: bringing community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world.
As a Country Launcher, you will be at the forefront of continuing to help grow our communities in a real and meaningful way. You will be an expert on the Mexican market and will have the opportunity to create and drive proactive initiatives that iterate, innovate, refine, and scale culturally relevant experiences for redditors.
With a growing user base in many countries, one of them being Mexico, this is a rare opportunity to work with and join an effective and energized team at one of the most influential consumer products on the internet. If developing an international growth strategy that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of global redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Be obsessive about achieving aggressive goals and outcomes
- Run reports, build dashboards, analyze data, set KPIs, and execute impactful initiatives
- Gain a deep understanding and specialized market knowledge to understand user and moderator pain points, competitors, and market opportunity
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative insights
- Identify the best channels to seed new communities and increase supply in existing communities: grow verticals of communities using any means at your disposal
- Iterate, innovate, and recognize new opportunities, suggesting bold ideas, and persuading internal teams to align on new plans
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Safety, and BD
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3-5 years of operations management, product consulting, or tech background
- A healthy blend of operations, growth, project management, and community expertise
- Data-driven and analytical mindset to assess process performance and financial viability (excel modeling skills necessary, SQL knowledge helpful)
- Strong local network and exposure to the local culture
- Passion for combining community-systems-thinking with data analysis
- Succinct and persuasive communicator: collaborate effectively across internal teams, local users, moderators, partners, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Results-obsessed: outstanding execution and high attention to detail
- High-performing, entrepreneurial spirit with a knack for rolling up your sleeves and getting things done with urgency
- Deep interest in developing and driving independent projects, framing issues, testing hypotheses, and iterating on process improvements
- Proficiency in Spanish is a must
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Mexican culture, including current events, politics, customs, traditions, language, topics of interest, taboos, etc.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.