Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Principal Engineer in the iOS Platform team, you will be responsible for designing a solid foundation for our iOS application development. You will have the company-wide scope, impact, and responsibility in shaping the future of iOS development at Reddit. You will champion the technology selection, best practices in Reddit’s iOS application development. In addition, you will act as an Architect for the iOS application at Reddit.
The mission of the iOS Platform team is to create a performant and high-quality foundation for our iOS native application. Our vision for the iOS Mobile App is to be the best in class. This role will enable us to architect our iOS app to scale for the next 3-4 years of our unprecedented user growth. They will help establish the right standards in iOS development and will help in improving the overall iOS development experience at Reddit. In addition, they will mentor senior iOS engineers across Reddit and will be seen as a go-to person for any challenges on iOS App architecture.
What you’ll do
- Own the architecture of Reddit’s iOS Mobile App and make it scale to the next 3-4 years of our unprecedented user growth. . Propose ideas/solutions to reach our vision of “making Reddit’s Mobile Apps best-in-class.”
- Identify the gaps in our current iOS App Architecture, and lead redesign of the iOS platform to improve modularity, performance, and quality.
- Help us improve the developer experience by reducing the build times, by providing a modular architecture, and improving the developer workflows.
- Help us build the technical foundation for rapid experimentation without compromising on quality.
- Mentor iOS developers across the company.
- Be the go-to person for developers on complex problems in iOS development.
What we expect from you
- Deep experience-based understanding of how to build mobile applications at scale.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives on developing a long-term technical foundation and has a passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- 10+ years of Software development experience with at least 5+ years in designing/developing iOS applications.
- Experience in influencing larger (200+ engineers) organizations on technical direction/best practices related to iOS
- Experience with modern iOS development frameworks such as Texture, UIKit, or SwiftUI.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- Private Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.