Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Experience Team at Reddit builds and provides inclusive, intentional interactions and workplace design. Our team works together to create opportunities with inclusion and thoughtfulness top of mind, from our workplaces to moments of connection. Everything we build is rooted in supporting our employees (we call them Snoos) by providing opportunities for them to do their best work through innovative workplaces and engagements.
This role will work with the rest of the Places arm of the Experience team to oversee the Amsterdam office and to help create a workplace that collectively makes our Snoos’ time at Reddit a first-rate employee experience every bit as vibrant as the platform we support.
This role is based out of the Amsterdam office.
From the Workplace Coordinator’s perspective, there is a seamless connection between the experience an employee has at work and the environment they work in. This person should believe that the little things can make a big difference in an employees’ day and is a true self-starter constantly looking for things to improve.
Given the requirements of this position, the role will require in-person attendance at the office 5 days per week.
- Assist in the creation of an inclusive, sustainable, and dynamic workplace culture for the employees in our soon-to-be new Amsterdam office
- Support our Global Real Estate team in construction plans and customization of the new Amsterdam office
- Support international customization of workplace programs, including employee perks such as lunch and snack programs
- Manage reception duties, employee badge and visitor registrations
- Assist in all in-office catering and food deliveries, including ordering, set up, take down and invoice review/submission.
- Maintain appearance, organization operation of office space and equipment.
- Manage tickets to resolve building maintenance issues, acting immediately to resolve emergencies.
- Manage all aspects of office supplies, kitchen ordering, stocking, and general office experience.
- Establish relationships with landlords, vendors (janitorial, security, reception, indoor plants, etc.) and internal partners such as IT, HR, and local leadership.
- Maintain accurate sets of floor plans and seating charts.
- Oversee room and desk scheduling through our booking platforms
- Maintain and update office documents as needed and ensure items are securely kept, current and accurate - this includes our Reddit Wiki page, expense reports, security policies, etc.
- Position will also include various ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks required to support the business and International Places team throughout the year.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of office coordination, administrative support or similar role; experience within a technology or startup environment strongly preferred
- Strong organizational and creative skills, detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple and ever-changing priorities in a fluid startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
- Google Suite experience such as Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs
- The ability to attend work at the physical office on a regular basis during office closures, and longer term on a consistent basis once our offices reopen
- Technical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security and general office maintenance is a plus
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.