Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit’s CorpTech is seeking a Senior Support Engineer at our Chicago office. This role, within our End User Operations team is based in our Chicago office and will serve as the primary escalation point and face of the IT team at the Chicago Office. As the first point of contact in the office, you will be responsible for maintaining all technology onsite, including hardware inventory, AV, desk configurations, networking and Security systems. You will also be a point of escalation for junior support staff in our offices globally.
On top of upholding the high uptime of the physical office, you will also help support our global workforce. Most of this work is generated through our IT Support Desk ticketing system, and walk ups onsite. The scope of the role covers the entire range of SaaS products managed by our team (Google Workplace, Zoom, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Zendesk, Sailpoint, etc.). As the team grows across the globe, we will implement a “follow the sun” model and seamlessly hand off support as members of the team come online. Request handoffs and updates on urgent tasks that may roll over will enable this process.
You are a team player with a strong commitment to customer service, you enjoy technology, and have an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Is a point of contact and troubleshooting for the Chicago office including conference room AV, Security / badge systems, technology on the desk, user endpoints and more.
- Is a point of escalation for management and junior support staff globally
- Maintain a meticulous inventory of IT hardware
- Schedule device repairs and replacements when needed
- Support a wide range of inbound requests and facilitate technical conversations with end-users and cross-functional partners.
- Support and resolve customer requests of our SaaS applications: G Suite, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Slack, etc.
- Provisioning/deprovisioning (User accounts, group membership, service access, etc.)
- Create and supplement technical documentation for end users and team members alike
- Support/cover for team members through vacations or other periods of absence
- Support onboarding / offboarding tasks
- Participates in on-call rotations that can includes weekend and holidays
- 5-7 years of of progressive experience and responsibility
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS applications (E.g. G Suite, Okta, Zendesk, Slack, Atlassian, etc.)
- Experience in support and troubleshooting Mac OS and Windows platforms as well as iOS & Android mobile devices
- Experience with conference room systems; installation and configuration.
- Experience in a fast paced customer facing environment, preferably within a technical organization or high growth company.
- Experience working with and supporting executive level individuals and white glove service
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. You are up to date with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies
- Demonstrates sound decision-making skills, exercises independent thought and judgment.
- Composure. You are skilled at multitasking and can remain calm under pressure.
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A fantastic communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude. You are organized, can read between the lines to understand business needs and prioritize your work accordingly.
- Experience with JIRA, GSuite, Zoom and Slack
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $115,600 - $173,400
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.