Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
This role will enable us to architect our Web application (Reddit.com) to scale for the next 100M DAUs. They will help establish the right standards in Web development and will help in improving the overall Web development experience at Reddit. In addition, they will mentor Web engineers across Reddit and will be seen as a go-to person for any challenges on Web App architecture.
The mission of the Web Platform team is to create a performant and high-quality foundation for our Web application (Reddit.com). Our vision for the Web Platform team is to have the best-in- class Web product for our users. You will have the company-wide scope, impact, and responsibility in shaping the future of Web(Frontend) development at Reddit. You will champion the technology selection, and best practices in Reddit’s Web application development. In addition, you will act as an Architect for Web development Reddit.
What you’ll do
- Own the architecture of Reddit’s Web application (Reddit.com) and make it scale to the next 100M+ DAUs. Propose ideas/solutions to reach our vision of “making Reddit.com best-in-class, a top 5 website in the world.”
- Identify the gaps in our current Web application architecture, and lead the redesign of the Web platform to improve user experience, performance, and quality.
- Help us improve the developer experience by reducing the build times, and by providing a modular architecture, and improving the developer workflows.
- Help us build the technical foundation for rapid experimentation without compromising on quality.
- Mentor Web developers across the company.
- Be the go-to person for developers on complex problems in Web development.
What we expect from you
- Deep experience-based understanding of how to build Web applications at scale.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives on developing a long-term technical foundation and has a passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- 10+ years of Software development experience with at least 5+ years in designing/developing Web applications.
- Experience in influencing larger (100+ engineers) organizations on technical direction/best practices related to Web/Frontend development.
- Experience with modern Web development frameworks such as Web components, react. js, Server Side rendering.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- This role is permanently, 100% remote
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $222,800 - $334,200.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.