Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Advertising is Reddit’s primary revenue driver and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities. We believe our community-centric platform has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a highly differentiated ads business.
We are looking for a results-oriented and forward thinking Analytics Engineer to work with our Growth Marketing Data Science team to help us accelerate our advertiser growth and understand our paid marketing efforts. This role will wrangle both 1st party and 3rd party data to help generate actionable insights by building a robust data warehouse for analysis, reporting, and experimentation.
If helping Reddit’s advertising business reach the next level excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a company with one of the highest employee : user ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope & impact.
- Architect a data warehouse that will power all analyses and reporting for the Growth Marketing team
- Design table schemas for efficiency in both system performance and data analysis
- Partner with data science to own the development of metrics, dashboards, and other self-serve reporting
- Own full-funnel maintenance of pipelines, including socialization and documentation of data products
- Build trusting working relationships with business partners across Data Science, Business Marketing, and Ads Product, understanding the analytical needs of the domain
- Be an integral part of the Data Org (consisting of Data Science, Data Engineering, Experimentation, and Core ML), leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
- 4+ years of experience in analytics engineering or data warehousing roles, preferably in the Ads or Marketing domain
- Possess deep knowledge of performant scalable ETLs
- Experience with distributed data stores (S3, Presto, Hive, Spark)
- Ability to flush out ambiguous projects into detailed project plans and execute them
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data analysis and statistics
- Experience pinging APIs to bring in 3rd party data sources into an internal data lake
- High attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in using SQL & Python
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau / Looker / Mode
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.