Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The mid market international team is responsible for building the international ads engine outside of the US, onboarding & growing advertisers to achieve their marketing objectives with proven solutions and at pace globally.
We are looking for a stellar Sales leader to head up our Mid market business for Continental Europe - German speaking markets. This is an opportunity for you to be part of the team that expands the Reddit footprint: you design the strategy, develop a high performing sales team and bring the magic of Reddit into new markets! You will lead a team of Client Partners & Account Managers to identify new advertisers, drive growth and help advertisers achieve their marketing objectives on the Reddit advertising platform. Key to this role are demonstrated prior digital media sales experience, strong business acumen and thorough understanding of the European ads landscape. We expect high energy, optimism, a zest for developing people and a can-do mindset. This role is based out of our European Mid Market Sales hub in Amsterdam.
- Define the playbook: Set the sales strategy and tactics for your markets. Advise sales and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources, and strategic planning
- Actively coach, develop and lead a team of Client Partners and Client Account Managers.
- Drive and grow revenue with new advertising clients, leading your team to exceed established revenue targets and role model sales rigor
- Manage a high-performing team by recruiting and retaining top talent, while managing resources efficiently
- Partner with Marketing to drive new product launches, marketing communications, and new advertiser acquisition
- Partner with Sales Ops and Finance to develop financial and operating targets, ensuring alignment with strategic plan
- Be a member of the wider Mid Market International management team to drive scale & growth across all international markets by setting a joint strategy,balancing resources and building for scalability.
- Represent Reddit in Germany, Austria & switzerland: speak at key industry events, build and manage relationships with top advertisers & agencies
- 10+ years of experience in digital media sales and/or marketing
- Excellent people manager and sales coach: At least 3 years experience leading a high performing sales team
- Experience with direct advertiser sales including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships and exceeding sales targets
- Fluent in English & German;
- Excellent communication, storytelling and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated business development/growing a book of business from scratch in prior roles;
- Strong understanding of the European advertising landscape including Germany, switzerland, austria
- Has a network in the European ads ecosystem ( advertisers, agencies and or industry bodies)
- Scrappy leader who leads by example, motivates, inspires and shows relentless optimism
- Pension Savings plan
- Medical Plan
- Short term sickness benefits
- WIA excess and WGA gap insurance
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.