Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a staff engineer on the Data Access team, your work will be crucial to supporting Reddit’s data-driven Sales & Marketing stakeholders through improving this unique internal platform which provides a great source of overall revenue generation for the company. Since this is a growing team, the role provides room for creative problem solving and independence.
How you will contribute:
- Impact the development of the team and organization’s long term strategy.
- Refine and maintain our data visualizations to support real-time analysis of hundreds of millions of users.
- Be a key contributor in the scaling and integration of in-house technology company-wide.
- Use the unique programming language, Nim, for frontend and backend work.
- Experiment with mass amounts of data and share strategic data-driven insights.
Who you might be:
- 7+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code in a production environment.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, sales and marketing.
- Experience with programming languages such as Nim, Rust, Go, Python, C++, Java.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Experience working with infrastructure technologies Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with SQL and query parsing, generating and planning. Bonus points for database maintenance.
What you’ll learn:
- How to be a steward for large amounts of data.
- How to be a technical liaison between engineering and Sales & Marketing.
- The ins and outs of how programming languages work, parsing and query planning.
- Best practices for data and how to thrive in a data-driven environment.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Retirement Saving plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.