Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Analyst to join our accounting team. This role requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, has strong attention to detail, and desire to improve processes. They are also eager to show what they can accomplish when given the opportunity and embrace daily challenges as opportunities for success with the company to expand and grow together.
In this role, you will be collaborating with various business partners daily to process expense reports and payment requests, assisting with global AP communications, own month-end processes, prepare account reconciliations, provide audit support, and manage ad-hoc projects. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including but not limited to accurately reviewing, coding, processing expense reports, processing payment requests and funds transfers, reviewing vendor banking information to ensure correct and efficient payment processing, managing global AP mailboxes, reconciling the AP accounts, and researching and resolving AP and travel related questions and issues.
- Process weekly payment disbursements i.e. check runs, vendor ACH, and wire payments.
- Process employee expense reports, verify expenses are within the company guidelines, correct errors, and question abnormal expenses.
- Participate and own parts of the expense tool implementation and international payment processing centralization.
- Proactively reach out to the business owners and/or vendors on late invoicing or other issues.
- Partner with business owners and/or FP&A team for budget information by vendor.
- Research and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Participate in monthly general ledger closing procedures including account analysis and reconciliations and reconciling sub ledger activity.
- Coordinate SOX implementation and ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls for the P2P process.
- Help in the preparation of schedules related to the external audit and provide all supporting information requested in conjunction with the audit.
- Take ownership of various project objectives as assigned by AP Management.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting preferred; Finance, Business or similar accepted
- 8+ years accounts payable experience, with a focus on expense report and payment processing preferred
- Solid understanding and recent experience of banking requirements relating to international payment processing
- Experience with Netsuite or similar ERP system required
- Experience with T&E systems - Emburse Chrome River preferred, or similar (e.g. Concur)
- Experience with financial system implementations preferred
- Experience with a ticketing tool preferred (e.g. Zendesk)
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office required
- Understanding of General Ledger accounting preferred
- Public company and SOX 404 experience preferred
- Customer service approach to internal employees and external vendors (service mindset)
- Ability to think outside the box, work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively to deliver results, and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest solutions for implementation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail; excellent reconciliation skills
- Internally motivated to seek out answers and ability to generate ideas and learn quickly in a high growth company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, and judgment
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $47.64/hr - $71.49/hr.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.