Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Ads Measurement engineering is responsible for building out the identity and attribution solutions that advertisers use to understand the impact of their ad spend. We build and scale the APIs, UI's and libraries that advertisers use to send us conversions data from Reddit users. We also build measurement products that help advertisers see the value of the Reddit Ads platform. We are looking for a backend-focused full-stack engineer to help us build products in the following areas:
- Developer Experience - Driving adoption of our libraries and APIs by crafting delightful developer experiences for advertisers
- Lift Study Framework - Help advertisers understand the value of our ads through conversion lift studies. Build internal/externally facing tools to help advertisers setup and evaluate the outcomes of their experiments
- Privacy-Centric Measurement - Adopt new privacy-centric standards and APIs as well as leverage probabilistic attribution solutions to build the next generation of measurement tools
- Working across the frontend/backend to build advertiser-facing products in order to help them understand the value of their ad spend at Reddit
- Building and maintaining backend systems: You will be responsible for designing and implementing the systems that power the ads measurement platform, including data pipelines, APIs, and other backend services.
- Participating in code reviews: You will review code written by other team members and provide feedback to ensure that it meets the team's standards for quality and performance.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues: You will be responsible for identifying and fixing bugs and other issues that arise in frontend/backend systems.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer developing production code
- Experience with at least one general programming language such as Python or Go
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures, and the ability to apply them to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with product managers, data scientists, and other stakeholders
- A willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in the field.
- Experience with TypeScript, React, Go, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes
- Experience with Digital Advertising
- Experience building scalable data-driven products
- Include the qualification for the role that a candidate will possess if they’re hired into the role.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.