Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Earlier this year, we launched Collectible Avatars in partnership with independent artists to bring unique designs and benefits to collectible owners. If there is one thing we’ve noticed with digital collectibles is that they have an incredible power to create a sense of participation and belonging. With each project, a vibrant community of owners pops up with it. Fans of today’s biggest creators and brands are now flocking to buy digital goods directly from them -- to support them, to gain exclusive access, and to feel a greater sense of connection with them. Over time, we believe this will only grow, and collectibles will play a central role in how fans support their favorite creators and communities on Reddit and beyond.
We are hiring a Senior or Staff Backend Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
On the team, you will:
- Design, build and ship backend services for users to create, buy, sell and use blockchain-backed digital goods.
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can’t afford extensive processes, and we also can’t afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
- 5+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to efficient computing. We develop with Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Thrift, GraphQL and deploy to Docker/k8s on AWS.
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load.
- Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred.
- Experience with payment processing systems is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with blockchains / Go is not required! All of us learned along the way, and so can you.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Apply today to learn more!
- Remote or Hybrid work
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical and Dental Scheme
- Life Assurance, Income Protection
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Family Planning Support
- Monthly Global Wellness Days
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.