Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Applications Architect who is passionate about playing a critical role in the future of building (and maintaining) our enterprise applications ecosystem at Reddit. You will have the opportunity to advise on enterprise applications & integrations across the Reddit ecosystem, while designing the appropriate architecture to enable Reddit’s rapid growth and transform corporate technology & business functions.
As part of this role, the first area of focus is to stand up a brand new function to lead the review of new and existing software at Reddit, as well as to provide guidance on the impacts of the software to our overall enterprise architecture. This will involve partnering with our Corporate Technology, Procurement, Finance, Legal and Security and Privacy teams in ensuring that the software meets Reddit’s requirements, while providing a seamless experience to our internal customers requiring support for their software decisions. After the new function is rolled out company-wide, we will be looking to create an enterprise architecture map for all the software within our Company and introduce solution architecture, with this role being closely involved in cross functional initiatives that have technology architecture implications, weighing pros and cons of various approaches.
Within this role, you will work closely with a world class organization of Technology and Business leaders and teams to understand our holistic landscape, uncover business needs and solve complex problems, while designing solutions that adhere to our architectural standards and deliver business capabilities. The ideal candidate for this role is someone highly experienced in facilitating a process to review intake of new software, designing the architecture for enterprise business applications, and collaborating seamlessly with business and technology system owners.
- Roll out, lead, and champion our Software Review Council which will be the review process for all third party software. The ultimate goal of this council is to ensure Reddit maintains sound enterprise architecture while adhering to corporate technology, security, privacy and procurement leading practices
- Provide architectural and technical solutions to support business functional and technical requirements on complex, cross-functional programs
- Collaborate with various product managers, technical, security, privacy and assurance teams in defining architecture goals and best practices for Reddit
- Collaborate on or create product requirement documents, technical design documents, data flow diagrams, and other such artifacts, with the capability to communicate them to various audiences
- Understand business strategy and drivers to translate to opportunities for process improvement, technical needs & solution designs across the organization
- Create solution design options, including pros and cons, to facilitate architectural decision and turn business needs into high quality, scalable, and security systems to foster Reddit’s growth
- Develop and maintain system diagrams, highlighting the relationship between business value, capabilities and technology by creating logical, business, integration and functional architecture artifacts for review by engineering teams and security
- Align proposed features and capabilities with business applications roadmaps and delivery through close partnership with Corporate Technology product managers, engineers, and leaders
- Act as business applications advisor and thought leader in emerging technologies
- Analyze long-term requirements for corporate technology and make recommendations for implementing technology strategies to scale in relation to Reddit’s needs
- Advise and ensure execution to maintain and maximize Reddit’s use of our SaaS management platform, Productiv and other tools
- Partner with & lead relationship of third party vendors for managed services and execution as needed
- Improve application portfolio health and address technical debt, working with scrum teams to ensure backlogs include technical debt work items
- Learn new technologies and find creative solutions to our problems, and articulate pro/cons to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consistent track record of designing enterprise third party business systems, integrations, and custom applications
- 8+ years of SaaS solution architecture or similar consulting experience
- Extensive technical expertise and knowledge of:
- Various cloud business technology platforms (Workday, NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce, Zendesk, Google Workspace, Tableau and/or equivalent enterprise platforms)
- Integration methodologies and tools (iPaaS platforms, homegrown integration platforms)
- API and Microservices architecture
- Data analytics architecture (e.g. Data Warehouses such as BigQuery)
- Process automation approaches and tooling (e.g. DevOps, AIOps)
- Custom application practices, advising on application builds that scale while adhering to security and privacy leading standards
- Expert in partnering with Enterprise Applications product managers and engineers to clearly define solution approach and achieve cross-functional alignment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executives, and ability to lead and maintain relationships with external parties
- An agile mindset that moves past blockers and a vision to iteratively migrate to the next/modern set of architecture capabilities with a lens of business benefits/value
- Experience translating technical solutions in a manner that can be understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with M&A integration, including transitional and long-term architectures
- Proficiency with Git, Confluence, Jira
- Experience at a public company and TOGAF certifications preferred
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.