Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Sr Manager, Indirect Procurement who is interested in owning the Procurement vision of Reddit. The sourcing leader will drive commodity strategies for indirect spend and strive to improve Reddit’s margin under our vendor portfolio spend. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for leading various negotiations and RFPs and will act as a guide for internal stakeholders when working with their vendor partners.
If you are excited about joining an awesome team that’s creating the future of Finance at Reddit and love having an impact on how mission driven organizations like Reddit operate, this job is for you! The role will report directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. You will be the guiding force behind the scenes ensuring our vendors, employees and leaders have a great experience building our brand while helping the organization stay financially responsible. As Reddit continues to mature, you will have a critical role in helping Reddit’s Procurement practice grow into a world class function.
What You’ll Learn:
As the Sr Manager, Indirect Procurement, you will have an incredible opportunity to lead Indirect Commodities and concentrate your time in Non-Tech related Indirect categories. You will own the sourcing and negotiation strategy for vendors related to Marketing, Professional Services, Global Contractor Spend, Real Estate and Facilities Spend and potentially more depending on your expertise!. If you are eager and willing to take on several roles to take your career to the next level, this is the right place to be! You will also be under the guidance of the Director of Strategic Sourcing who will help guide you from their experience of handling over 13 commodity types.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Technology, Accounting, Finance and Sourcing practitioners who work together to chart the future of Reddit. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in SOX compliance, building easy to use finance tools and what it will look like to be a leader supporting a rapidly-growing company!
The Sr Manager, Indirect Procurement will lead and actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities for categories focused in all Non-Tech related spend and significant year-on-year cost and productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. This person will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders in member organizations and in corporate functions to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. In this position, the Sr Manager, Indirect Procurement will report directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing. They will also have the opportunity to have a staff member of 1 under them to lead the Sourcing categories together. Familiarity with Tech Sourcing is a huge plus for this role as there will be times to coach and handle Software deals as well for the company and guide the Procurement team on Tech Sourcing deals.
What you will do:
- Vendor Strategy: Plan, source and select new vendors. Work with business owners to optimize relationships with existing vendors. You will work on a broad range of exciting categories such as marketing, professional service providers, contractor spend, facilities, HR and more.
- Manage a large number of procurement projects and negotiations ranging from order forms to MSA’s to RFI/RFPs. You will work quickly but effectively to negotiate the best available price and terms to meet savings goals, minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Own and develop supplier analytics to support negotiations and/or purchasing activity, drive continual improvement.
- Measure, Track and be Accountable for Commodity Savings Plans
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with Directors, VP’s and Executives across the business. Absorb their strategy and determine how you can support them though the management of their existing/new suppliers.
- Coach and mentor team members on analytics, negotiation strategies for Non Tech and Tech related procurement
- Partner closely with the Finance, Engineering and G&A team to build our contractor policy and help control global contractor rates.
Who you Might Be:
- 6+ Years of Experience as a Sourcing professional with ideally 3+ years of experience as a Sourcing Manager.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience Indirect Categories
- Proven track record of transforming commodity spend and delivering millions of dollars’ worth of savings back to the organization
- Excellent modeling/analytics: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to vendor negotiations
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, mentor talent in their career, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
- Recommend Category Strategies for the business
- Ability to improve Payment Terms for the business
- Partners with Finance to outline potential value and ROI for proposed initiatives and tracking results.
- Knowledgeable in commercial legal terms that help accelerate the legal review process while serving for the best interest of protecting Reddit.
- Patient leader who can balance internal stakeholder expectations while driving strong negotiation outcomes to external stakeholders. Must be capable of communicating operations and process steps to a non-technical audience
- Ability to pull financial spend reports and create commodity strategies annually and propose cost savings and cost avoidance targets
- MBA Candidate Preferred (Not Mandatory)
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.