Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. With more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer interested in taking Reddit’s integrations and internal applications to the next level! You will have the opportunity to play a critical role in our data delivery and systems architecture success as we scale our teams and applications to support high growth.
You would join the IT Engineering group; a growing engineering team focused on developing highly available and reliable integration services and internal applications, delivering scalability, and assisting Reddit's rapid growth. The group has a wide range of tools available within their quiver to accomplish these goals. These tools range from iPaas tools to our Kubernetes cluster utilizing Reddit-shaped deployments alongside several homegrown application frameworks for rapid application development.
You will partner closely with IT members & business partners across the company, including, but not limited to, Community, Finance, Operations, Legal, Safety, People Ops, Privacy, and Security. The ideal candidate for this position thrives on making support processes seamless through creative solutions and automation.
- Perform all development lifecycle stages to create integrations, applications, and automation for our support tools - from reviewing requirements to developing a solution design, implementation, testing, to production deployment.
- Partner closely with our IT product managers, architects, and organizational partners to turn business needs into high-quality, scalable, secure systems.
- Evaluate APIs for potential Support & IT business systems and communicate with vendor’s technical resources.
- Analyze long-term requirements for Reddit’s systems and recommend implementing technology strategies.
- Quickly learn new technologies, think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions, and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participate in technical design sessions and develop detailed technical design documentation taking fault-tolerant event handling and monitoring into account.
- Participate in code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns.
- Deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences, including your team and IT leadership.
- Experience designing and developing full-stack applications using a variety of coding languages and tools.
- Ability to develop integration services across business applications in a multi-project, high-growth environment using Kubernetes alongside Python or GO.
- Comfortable working with DevOps tools and modifying CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong skills in writing technical design documentation, runbooks, and detailed technical requirement specifications.
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, and advanced design patterns.
- Excited to develop fault-tolerant integrations and applications with excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of development with an “Integration Platform as a Service” (iPaaS) or “Extract Transform Load” (ETL) software; Workato is a plus.
- Has delivered in an agile software development environment.
- Experience at a public company or with SOX processes preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.