Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit, TPPE Solutions Engineers solve complex problems through a vast understanding of internal tooling, project management tooling, and integration frameworks. They enable our teams to work faster through improving the ways our internal tooling communicates, reducing duplication between tools. They engage with engineering & product teams to ensure their needs are met and when new processes are implemented they see where tooling and automation can fill the gap.
We’re looking for an TPPE Solutions Engineer to assist our internal teams in succeeding in their mission to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. You’ll collaborate with a variety of engineering & product leaders across the company to build the processes and technology necessary to streamline execution and ensure alignment to our long term strategy.
You will use technologies such as React, TypeScript, Kubernetes, and more. Your work will span across our engineering, product, and marketing teams.
Languages: Typescript, Python
Libraries: React, Redux, Baseplate
Tools: Jira, Amazon SES, AWS Lambda
Key Focus Areas & Responsibilities:
- Develop internal tooling available to Reddit engineering and product teams.
- Enable our tools to communicate information seamlessly to ensure systems display the same information.
- Identify and develop horizontal solutions to problems that affect multiple teams, working with managers to find the best solution that can be implemented company-wide.
- Facilitate code reviews and well-architected reviews for internally developed tools.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 4+ years of experience with Python and React Development
- In-depth knowledge of project management tooling (ex. Asana, Jira) and how they communicate with other systems.
- In-depth familiarity with API frameworks (ex. REST, gRPC, OpenAPI)
- Good understanding of secure development practices and programming best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with teams to define problems and find technical solutions.
- A sense of ownership and responsibility for the code that you and your teams create.
- Ability to utilize data from multiple sources to recommend solutions and identify issues.
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.