Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Community Safety team's mission is to protect mods and their communities from bad actors. We build safety tools at scale to help mods safeguard their spaces.
As a Staff Engineer on this team, you’ll draw on your technical expertise to ensure our systems have high uptime, strong performance, and are high quality. You’ll work with others to build a roadmap to match the needs of an ever growing moderator base. You’ll be a technical coach and mentor, leveraging your experience to uplevel your teammates.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building new and more powerful moderation tools that better meet the needs of our moderators.
- Rebuilding and scaling pre-existing moderation tools to serve a billion users and a million moderators.
- Working with other moderator teams to ensure individual projects are greater than the sum of their pieces.
- Ensuring the moderator tools we build work for all types of communities and don’t leave historically marginalized communities behind.
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy
- Proficiency in Go is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Customer focused and self-directed with a bias towards action
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Remote, and Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one community at a time
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.