Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Consumer Safety team's mission is to empower users with tools that impact their individual experience on Reddit, allowing them to have safer experiences and providing them the flexibility to define what “safe” means for them.
As a Senior Engineer on this team, you’ll draw on your technical expertise to ensure our systems have high uptime, strong performance, and are high quality. You’ll work with others to build a roadmap to match the needs of an ever growing user base. You’ll be a technical coach and mentor, leveraging your experience to uplevel your teammates.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building new and more powerful tools that better meet the needs of Redditors
- Rebuilding and scaling pre-existing tools to serve all Redditors
- Working with other teams to ensure individual projects are greater than the sum of their pieces
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy
- Proficiency in Go is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Customer focused and self-directed with a bias towards action
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Remote, and Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one community at a time
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.