Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from our user's creativity, and we're working on a new canvas for them to paint with. Tens of thousands of developers are already building against our API, but we've only scratched the surface.
As a Senior Product Designer, Developer Platform, you will build tooling to lower the barrier to entry for developers to build on Reddit, enable users (and moderators) to customize the Reddit experience without needing to code, and design a robust system of systems—multiple products and surfaces interacting. Our team's goal is to enable communities to find and install plugins that completely customize and transform members' experiences. Everything's on the table, including comment-sorting, custom post types, and much more. The Developer Platform team will be building core platform capabilities that will allow us to reach for this vision.
What you'll do
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery
- Design innovative ideas that will significantly improve user experience; strong contributor of fresh thinking for problem solving or process improvements
- Deliver prescient user insights across diverse areas of focus that are non-obvious and lead to innovative design solutions
- Gather community input and weigh against existing factors to effectively present a feature or product area to end-users through research or other community events
- Build consensus across diverse teams through effective communication and present to senior executives as well as to large groups of end users
What we can expect from you
- Experience working closely with developers and developer tools
- Experience working on complex systems (system of systems)
- Familiarity with coding, APIs, and technical documentation.
- Understanding of data structures (strings, arrays, integers, graphs, etc.)
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- Experience designing for mobile and high-growth products
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.