Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reporting to our VP of Community, the Director of Community Advancement will lead a large department oriented around nurturing and engaging our hundreds of thousands of global volunteer moderators. Enabling moderator success is a core business objective and we’ve built a collection of high-impact programs, efficient support systems, and a world-class team of community professionals. Now, we need a proven leader to guide our next stage of growth. The ideal candidate is a futurist, a force-multiplier, a people-developer, and a persuasive, credible advocate internally and externally.
We are a diverse team committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
- Refine Reddit’s Community Advancement strategy, with purview over Mod Relations & Support, Community Success, Events & Experiences, and Community Programs
- Scale programs to best support and diversify our increasingly global moderator base
- Develop the next generation of community leadership
- Represent Community in executive meetings, all-hands spotlights, and externally
- Work cross-functionally (and persuasively) with Product, Design, Research, Data, and Engineering to drive impactful community outcomes
- Partner with our Policy & Safety as front-line teammates
- Partner with Comms & Marketing to represent moderators in our story-telling initiatives, industry narratives, and global campaigns
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years in Community or Consumer Tech
- Director+ level experience leading large, layered teams (you have managed managers)
- Global, forward-looking mindset
- Understanding and respect for what motivates Reddit Moderators and the ability to prioritize and scale systems that will have the greatest impact on their success
- Expert interpersonal skills, ability to inspire, motivate, and align a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, ability to bridge the human and data side of community
- Ability to drive clarity through highly complex, ambiguous, and stressful situations
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.