Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Product Designer (Contract) on our Growth Design Team, you will be responsible for defining and designing how Guest users convert to logged-in Redditors. You’ll be strategizing and designing the mechanisms that help get Redditors back onto the platform (i.e. emails, push notifications). You'll partner with our product and engineering teams to build engaging experiences for guests and new users alike, and leverage design-thinking and product strategy to create engaging experiences and features across the Growth ecosystem.
We're hiring Product Designers across all levels and seniorities and across all of our teams, including our Ads, Community, Economy, and contributor teams!
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with UX lead to scope problems and define strategy
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery
- Design innovative ideas that will significantly improve user experience
- Use community input to weigh against existing factors to effectively present a feature or product area to end-users through research
- Deliver prescient user insights across diverse areas of focus that are non-obvious and lead to innovative design solutions
- Build consensus across diverse teams through effective communication and present to senior executives as well as to large groups of end users
- Strong contributor of fresh thinking for problem solving or process improvements
- Your work will contribute a design system
Who You Might Be
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- Experience designing for mobile and high-growth products
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.