Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Data Warehouse, you will build production facing tools on top of Reddit's petabyte-scale warehouse, and work directly with data customers to support analytics and reporting needs. Your work will enable data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product teams to create and access information at a massive scale, and you will have opportunities to develop new data tools from the ground up. If you have a passion for building and maintaining high quality code, and want to improve how Reddit makes strategic decisions at the company level, then this is the team for you!
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the full lifecycle of data at Reddit, and as a result will gain expertise on how to improve the data culture across the entire company
- You will collaborate directly with data science, experimentation, infrastructure, machine learning, and senior leadership
- You will interact with one of the largest and richest datasets in the world, work with leading data technologies, and lead efforts that allow the Data Warehouse team to improve the performance and reliability of our stack
What You’ll Do:
- Build and scale data orchestration services that support complex analysis across Reddit
- Write production level code that processes billions of events per day using core python & SQL
- Design and implement tooling for access management, monitoring, data controls, and self-service ETL creation
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Reddit, and serve as a primary resource for data expertise
- Define and manage SLAs for datasets that support production services, including an on-call rotation for Data Warehouse tools
- Mentor other engineers on how to design, build, and evangelize services used by hundreds of engineers across Reddit
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 4+ years experience working with large scale ETL systems (implementation, strategy, and maintenance)
- 4+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, object-oriented code in a production environment
- Expert in python who is comfortable working in a production environment
- Strong SQL and/or experience as a database admin
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Experience working with terraform, airflow, or similar data processing tools
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.