Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Trust & Safety Org (T&S) is one of Reddit’s biggest divisions, and Safety Insights works across the entire org to provide qualitative (user research) and quantitative (data science) insights for product development, scaled abuse detection/mitigation, threat intelligence, safety operations, security, and privacy. We unravel hard problems that cut across T&S domains, and guide product development to protect our users from bad experiences. In the Safety Insights team, we value asking who’s missing, surfacing the deeper questions, up-leveling our peers, and facilitating good conversations. Our job is tough, but the impact is huge.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Safety Insights team, you will inform strategic direction, facilitate data-supported decision-making, and identify ways to measure impact over time. You will work alongside some of the best Data Scientists, User Researchers and Product teams in the world. You will gain domain expertise in both safety enforcement and product development, and be part of key decisions both within and outside of Trust & Safety.
What You’ll Do
- Identify actionable and impactful insights through metrics and analyses
- Partner with product teams to guide and assess our safety product development
- Partner with safety enforcement teams to guide and assess our enforcement strategies
- Be an end-to-end project owner from ideation to implementation and influence -- whatever that’s needed to create impact and carry out our mission
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of data science and product analytics industry experience
- 2+ years of experience informing and influencing product or business decision-making
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Motivated and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.