Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Release Engineer who can work in a highly collaborative environment, conduct production and internal beta releases, make release readiness decisions, assess risks to users and actively drive measures to mitigate them.
What You'll Do
- Manage all aspects of the internal beta and production app release process
- Lead operations for Production iOS and Android releases on a rotational basis
- Communicate all key release milestones, requirements and changes to the organization
- Manage cross-functional relationships and ensure there is healthy communication among Engineering, QA, Design and Release teams
- Help build and maintain release and developer productivity dashboards
- Write operational runbooks and documentation to support the Release team as needed
- Research new technologies and release management methodologies for application in internal tooling improvements
- Continuously assess risk factors to our Production users and actively drive mitigation strategies
- Manage risk and mitigate issues that could affect release reliability and stability
- Conduct release readiness reviews, launch communications for releases and post-mortem meetings as required
- Investigate, escalate and drive solutions for emergent or complex technical issues
- Provide contextual judgement and use data to drive decisions
- Provide after-hours support as necessary
- Monitor and provide regular status reports to leadership and the organization
- Measure, monitor and report on key release metrics weekly and ad-hoc as needed
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years in a technical capacity with 2+ years in release management or TPM capacity
- Experience managing mobile application releases and a deep understanding of release management principles
- 2+ years of development experience building web dashboards for internal metric tracking
- Experience working with Python, java or a similar web development language
- Basic knowledge of writing shell scripts, web development and databases is preferred.
- Experience working cross-functionally with globally distributed teams that have differing business priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and convey messages to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and experience utilizing tools to visualize trends and key metric monitoring
- Experience making critical decisions for complex technical issues in real time, considering timelines and urgency
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Bitrise, Jenkins, Fastlane, CircleCI or equivalent tools
- Experience working with App Store Connect and Google PlayStore Console
- BA/BS in computer science or any related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.