Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from our user's creativity, and we're working on a new canvas for them to paint with. Tens of thousands of developers are already building against our API, but we can do so much more.
The Developer Platform team's goal is to allow communities to find and install Apps that completely customize & transform members' experiences and interactions. Everything's on the table, including comment sorting, custom post types, and more. Many communities will become immersive, game-like experiences.
There's many low-hanging fruit: r/photoshopbattles should have an image gallery, so you don't have to click your way down the comments. r/nba should have live-updating scores. Meme generators should be everywhere. r/wallstreetbets should have stock tickers. Comments should rank people you interact with higher. Subreddits should be easy to theme.
But there's also opportunities for exploration and weirdness. What does reddit-style fantasy football look like? Did you lose The Game?
This vision takes everyone on Reddit working together. The Developer Platform team will be building core platform capabilities that will allow us to reach for this vision.
What We’re Working On
- Integrating Reddit's existing Kubernetes services with a novel serverless compute engine.
- Building multi-tenant APIs for storage, pubsub, schedulers, and orchestration.
- Evolving Reddit's public API and capabilities towards a cleaner, elegant Developer Experience.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Building a platform that is highly available, low on latency, and at internet scale.
What We Can Expect From You
- Likely 5-7+ years of industry experience, preferably in backend, infrastructure, developer tools, or app platforms.
- Some Go, Typescript, Kubernetes experience preferred.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that people love.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Architect, build and maintain the backend services powering the developer platform.
- Build new, best-practices APIs to empower the Reddit community.
- Contribute to the entire development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.