Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
This position will have an opportunity of building a successful SOC program to ensure Reddit has 24/7 Security Operations coverage. This position is responsible for leading the SOC, engaging with service stakeholders, providing guidance on executing runbooks, coordinating incident response activities, while creating a roadmap to improve Operational Metrics, and SOC capabilities, including investigations and remediations. The role is able to identify coverage gaps and create design documentation for recommendations to allow the team to understand the vision. Participate and be key security representative in Reddit’s Incident Commander program.
For the right candidate, we are open to a managerial role.
This is a critical position and provides exciting opportunities to protect the sixth largest website in the world and 430M Monthly Active Users. This is an exciting time to join Reddit as the company is planning to grow to 1B revenue and on path to an IPO.
What You'll Do:
- Shape the vision and blueprint/design for SOC program
- Standardize and streamline cybersecurity incident response and remediation processes
- Grow and mentor a team of security analysts
- Build relationships with vendors in various areas like threat intelligence, SOAR, Forensic analysis, etc.
- Drive the team strategy and identity tooling gaps for Threat Hunting, DLP, and UEBA, insider threats, investigations and remediations, usage of SOAR technologies
- Battle test Security Operations tooling and strive for continual improvement and validation of security controls
- Develop and improve infosec incident response playbooks
- Establish, collect and communicate Security Operations metrics and develop plans to improve them
What We Can Expect From You:
- (Preferred) Experience leading a SOC and growing a team of security analysts
- 5+ years of Security Operations experience
- 3+ years of past security/software engineering experience
- Experience obtaining Security Operations Metrics (MTTD/MTTR)
- Experience in red vs. blue team wargames, usage of MITRE ATT&CK framework for incident simulations, and tabletop exercises
- Experience with advanced technologies like SOAR or UEBA
- Provide input on telemetry needed for detecting threats
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP)
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.