"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 400 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for an experienced manager who is interested in building the future of IT Engineering for business systems at Reddit. You will have the opportunity to establish & lead a team of IT engineers to scale our business applications, integrations & processes during a time of rapid growth.
You will work closely with a world class organization of Technology & Business leaders to develop and iterate on strategic roadmaps, as well as drive delivery through agile methodologies. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a proven track record in IT engineering and people management, with a passion for creative and scalable automation.
- Grow and lead team of IT engineers to design solutions, plan and develop projects, and oversee production reliability, testing, and quality control, while building a positive energy work environment where people can do their best work
- Work strategically with business teams to turn needs into high quality, scalable, secure systems & automations to foster Reddit’s growth
- Implement and champion agile methodologies
- Build quarterly roadmaps and perform resource allocation, while managing priorities, trade-offs and risks in a multi-project environment
- Analyze long-term requirements for corporate systems and make recommendations for implementing technology strategies to scale in relation to Reddit’s needs
- Quickly learn new technologies, think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions, and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop metrics for the team and opportunities for improvement
- Assist in managing relevant vendor relationships and ensure that the organization is always reaching the highest achievable potential of our products and services contracts
- Consistent track record (5+ years) of managing, coaching, and developing IT engineering teams
- Experience leading teams in an agile software delivery environment
- Ability to support with writing high quality scalable code, reviewing code, and abiding by documented coding standards
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executives, and ability to maintain relationships with external parties
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, data pipelines, security systems, and building applications that scale
- Solid grasp of modern software engineering principles and frameworks
- Hands-on experience developing with an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
- Experience developing solutions leveraging SaaS/PaaS platforms like Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Google Workplace and Zendesk
- Strong understanding of REST and/or SOAP web services, SOQL, MySQL, and big data expertise
- 3+ years of experience programming in Apex and Visualforce
- BA/BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience at a public company and/or with SOX processes preferred
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.