Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Corporate Accounting team is looking for a Senior General Ledger Accountant to join our growing team. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale. The Senior GL Accountant will own various functional accounting areas and gain exposure to ad hoc initiatives and projects. In keeping with Reddit values, the successful leader in this role is someone who operates with an open mindset and “values the human” in all interactions. This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will work cross functionally as a valuable member contributing to the Company’s maturation process.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts and provide monthly close deliverables
- Assist in preparation of the monthly flux analysis for management review
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts
- Assist with interfacing with the Company’s external auditors and coordination of quarterly and annual audits
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures & implementing internal control procedures (SOX) in areas of responsibility
- Establish effective relationships and work cross-functionally across the organization
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies for areas of responsibility
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience in the advertising technology/media industry; ideally, a public/private industry mix
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA strongly preferred (Active or Inactive)
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Possess excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, dependability, and, last but not least, a good sense of humor
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.