"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We’re looking for a seasoned sales director to lead the New Business segment of Reddit’s fastest-growing sales team. Our New Business teams launch new partnerships within the Mid-Market sales org by identifying brands that are a strong endemic fit with Reddit, educating them on how to use Reddit ads to grow their business, and onboarding them successfully to create mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships. You’ll lead a team of sales managers across the U.S. to define and scale our approach to building these impactful partnerships from the ground up.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Recruiting, training, and leading a team of top-of-industry Sales Managers, Client Partners, and Account Managers
- Driving your Managers and their teams to exceed their revenue targets
- Building and managing senior-level relationships with key clients and agency partners
- Advising sales and product management on market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources, and strategic planning
- Partnering with Marketing to drive new product launches, marketing communications, and new advertiser acquisition
- Partnering with Sales Ops and Finance to develop financial and operating targets, ensuring alignment with the strategic plan
The right leader will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in digital media sales
- A minimum of 3 years of experience directly managing sales managers
- Tenacity and enthusiasm for client education and winning new business
- Deep understanding of the ad industry landscape
- Experience leading new business sales teams at dynamic, industry-leading companies, and motivating those teams by connecting their work to top-line business goals
- A scrappy, leads-by-example mentality that comes from a proven track record in new business sales
- Experience building and mentoring high-performing teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about Reddit and its incredibly unique audience
This role is preferably based in New York, NY, San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.