Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
KarmaLab is Reddit Inc’s in-house creative strategy agency, collaborating with partners to build community-driven campaigns, content, and activations that catalyze action on Reddit and in culture.
Reddit is a curious place and so are we. By focusing on intention over attention, we help brands understand their communities and be understood in return. We are writers, investigators, painters, anthropologists, marketers, inventors, singers, storytellers and storydoers brought together into one team of conduits for brands seeking to discover how to contribute authentically, meaningfully, and effectively to the communities that matter to them most.
We’re looking for a proven leader who can lead and inspire the best work out of a team of creative polymaths and problem solvers tasked with inventing, writing, and designing advertising campaigns across a spectrum of categories and verticals - with an emphasis on tailoring each ad to the unique culture and interests of the Reddit audience.
This role is an opportunity to build KarmaLab’s first team in EMEA to help bring Reddit to new markets. This will be a role focused on operational system design, talent development, and collaboration with other team leaders in a fast-growing environment driven by sales performance.
- Coach & develop a team of Creative Strategists as they develop account-level strategies to deliver business results for Reddit’s varied advertising partners across markets in EMEA - specifically:
- Market & category leading brands and conglomerates
- Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) advertisers as they develop commerce funnels
- Challenger brand advertisers as they look to enter or disrupt categories
- Build scalable systems to drive impact across the channel and closely manage project pipeline during 1:1s and / or team meetings
- Attract, retain, and develop world-class talent
- Prepare and conduct strategic pitches and presentations with executive presence
- Collaborate with other Managers across the Sales team on measuring impact and optimizing toward results
- Partner cross-functionally with other departments to advice on product roadmap development & best practices
- Serve as a thought leader in the effort to convey best practices for Reddit to priority clients and the advertising industry at large
- Deep knowledge of Reddit, its language & communities
- Strong knowledge of Brand Strategy, Performance Media, D2C, or Challenger Brand Marketing best practices
- 2+ years of experience managing & developing teams in a sales-driven environment
- Powerfully persuasive written communication & copywriting skills
- Executive presence able to engage at the C-Level and develop own presentations for industry facing thought leadership
- Comfort setting deadlines and working with team members to meet them
- Creative flexibility & curiosity – you approach new challenges, clients & verticals with equal enthusiasm
- Core understanding of the relationship between creative agencies, media agencies & brands
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, PR, media, social media, and/or other related creative field
- 5+ years of experience writing professionally for the internet – blogs, articles, social media
- Proficiency in Keynote/PPT and Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
- Media and/or creative agency experience a plus
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.