“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The User Understanding team is a key part of the machine learning strategy at Reddit. The User Understanding team builds systems that serve as a centralized access point for internal partner teams to create, store and serve aggregations and signals about users. It is the team’s responsibility to design and build tools to ensure access and use of these signals respects user privacy. We power ML with real-time, reliable, and ethics-driven user features.
How You'll Have Impact
As the 6th largest site on the internet, Reddit generates 40+ billion events and terabytes of data in a day. You will own projects from ideation to production. We are looking for engineers to join us in solving problems in order to enable products that millions of users will love, and ultimately bring community and belonging to Reddit’s users. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
As an engineer on the User Understanding team, you will partner with machine learning engineers, data engineers, and product engineers to provide Redditors with controls over what we know about them. You will design and build services that control how we serve signals about users. Your work will power feeds ranking, content understanding, recommendations, and privacy tools.
- Design, build and maintain Reddit's User Feature Platform
- Build authentication and serving layers for our feature pipelines
- Collaborate with data engineers, infrastructure engineers, and machine learning engineers to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, and analyze
- 4+ years of experience writing clean, maintainable code in Python or Go
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Familiar with large-scale data pipelines and tools such as Kafka, Flink, or Spark
- Familiar with distributed large scale data storage systems like Cassandra and Redis
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Able to take ownership of entire projects and communicate about them
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and growing others around you
- Experience with authentication systems
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Machine Learning
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.