Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The RedditX and Special Projects teams are among the most innovative, forward-looking teams at Reddit. We are a fast-moving and entrepreneurial organization within Reddit, dedicated to building new monetizable experiences that users and communities love. With our track record of rapid execution and experimentation, we have been doubling revenue steadily year-over-year. Today, the Econ org is responsible for established products like Avatar, Premium, and Awards and up and coming projects like Talk, Powerups, and more.
We are hiring an entrepreneurial Senior Backend Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a high-quality, high-scale, and robust consumer product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and ship backend services powering experiences for millions of daily users.
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can’t afford extensive bureaucracy, and we also can’t afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We need everyone’s viewpoint to make great decisions, and encourage active participation in planning for the future.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to efficient computing.
- Ability to design and implement large-scale distributed systems (AWS experience preferred but not required).
- Curiosity and ability to autonomously make trade offs with the business impact in mind.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.